T-Levels Education and Childcare at Stanmore College
|Qualification||T-Levels Education and Childcare|
|Subject Area||Early Years|
T-Levels are a new qualification equivalent to 3 A-levels. They have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares you for work, further training or study. As part of the course you will attend your work placement as well as face to face teaching at the college. This course will give you both the knowledge and skills required to have a successful career working in the education and childcare sector.
The Education and Childcare course will include:
A work placement in an area of interest An academic qualification
There will be 3 occupational specialisms within the qualification, these are;
- Early Years Education and Childcare
- Learners who successfully achieve the Early Years Education and Childcare occupational specialism will be counted in the employment ratios for childcare.
T-Levels provide a route to University with equal UCAS points to 3 A-levels. T level qualification have also been designed by employers to give you the skills required to succeed in your career.
T-levels have been designed with both university and apprenticeships in mind. So at the end of the course you are in a good position to go to either route.
- To university
- An Apprenticeship level 4 qualification
Progression could be into employment where professional body examinations or NVQ's may be taken, or students could continue to higher education programmes in this area.
4 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, including English and Maths
Exam Board: NCFE
Materials: £35 towards the cost of textbooks plus visits, etc.
For ages 16-18
- Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care
- Level 2 NCFE Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Level 1 Diploma in Health, Social Care, Children and Young People Settings
- Level 1 NCFE CACHE Award in Preparing to Work in Schools
For ages 19+
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Level 4 Cache Certificate in Working with Parents
- Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner
- Level 2 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Level 2 NCFE Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner PT
- Level 3 Certificate Supporting Teaching & Learning
- Level 1 CACHE Diploma in Caring for Children
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Level 2 CACHE Cert in Supporting Teaching & Learning
- Entry 3 Certificate in Caring for A Child/Children