Level 2 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 2 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities|
|Subject Area||Early Years|
This professional development qualification provides essential knowledge and skills to anyone wanting to actively support individuals with learning disabilities.
It is a part-time short course lasting 12 weeks. 4 Units
LD201: Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities SS OP 2.3: Contribute to the support of individuals with multiple conditions and/or disabilities HSC 2006: Support participation in learning and development activities Unit LD 210 Introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions
A level 2 Award recognising the ability to plan, support and work with children and young people with additional needs.
The Award provides a direct progression route to Level 2 & 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care or the Level 3 Award and Certificate in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities or Childcare Level 2 or 3 or Supporting Teaching and Learning Level 2 or 3.
- Level 1 English. -Must be supporting children or young person with additional needs in practice.
- Complete an initial assessment in English and a short piece of writing at the interview session to assess suitability for the course Interview
It will be assessed by your Tutor/ Assessor using a range of methods. This includes direct observation in the workplace, a portfolio of evidence and written assignments.
For ages 16-18
- Level 1 Diploma in Health, Social Care, Children and Young People Settings
- Level 1 NCFE CACHE Award in Preparing to Work in Schools
- Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care
- Level 2 NCFE Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- T-Levels Education and Childcare
For ages 19+
- Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner
- Level 3 NCFE CACHE Award in Preparing to Work in Home-based Childcare
- Level 4 Cache Certificate in Working with Parents
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Level 2 CACHE Cert in Supporting Teaching & Learning
- Level 3 Certificate Supporting Teaching & Learning
- Level 1 CACHE Diploma in Caring for Children
- Level 3 Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENco)
- Level 3 CACHE Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Entry 3 Certificate in Caring for A Child/Children
Caroline RyderCurriculum Manager - Early Years and Education