Level 2 Award in Supporting Individuals with Additional Needs at Stanmore College
This professional development qualification provides essential knowledge and skills to anyone wanting to actively support individuals with learning disabilities. Units include: the meaning of learning disability, support, legislation, communication and planning.
A level 2 Award recognising the ability to plan, support and work with children and young people with additional needs.
The Award provides a direct progression route to Level 2 & 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care as they share a number of units or the Level 3 Award and Certificate in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
Level 1 English Must be supporting children with additional needs in practice Complete an initial assessment in English and a short piece of writing at the interview session to assess suitability for the course Interview
It will be assessed by your Tutor or Assessor using a range of methods. This could include direct observation in the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments or a task.
For ages 16-18
- Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Early years Education & Care
- Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care
- Entry 3 Certificate in Caring for A Child/Children
- Level 1 Diploma in Health, Social Care, Children and Young People Settings
For ages 19+
- Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner
- Level 3 Supporting Teaching & Learning
- Level 3 SENCo Special Education Needs Coordinator
- Level 2 CACHE Cert in an Introduction to Early Years Education & Care
- Level 3 CACHE Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Level 2 CACHE Cert in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools
- Level 1 CACHE Award in Caring for Children
- Level 4 Cache Certificate in Working with Parents
Caroline RyderCurriculum Manager - Early Years and Education