Level 2 Award in Supporting Individuals with Additional Needs at Stanmore College
This professional development qualification provides essential knowledge and skills to anyone wanting to actively support individuals with learning disabilities.
It is a Part-time short course lasting 12 weeks.
Units include: the meaning of learning disability, support, legislation, communication and planning.
A level 2 Award recognising the ability to plan, support and work with children and young people with additional needs.
The Award provides a direct progression route to Level 2 & 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care as they share a number of units or the Level 3 Award and Certificate in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
Level 1 English. Must be supporting children or young person with additional needs in practice. Complete an initial assessment in English and a short piece of writing at the interview session to assess suitability for the course Interview
It will be assessed by your Tutor or Assessor using a range of methods. This could include direct observation in the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments or a task.
For ages 16-18
- Level 1 Diploma in Health, Social Care, Children and Young People Settings
- Level 1 NCFE CACHE Award in Preparing to Work in Schools
- T-Levels Education and Childcare
For ages 19+
- Level 2 NCFE Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Level 1 CACHE Diploma in Caring for Children
- Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner
- Level 3 CACHE Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Level 3 Diploma in Home-based Childcare
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Level 2 CACHE Cert in Supporting Teaching & Learning
- Level 4 Cache Certificate in Working with Parents
Caroline RyderCurriculum Manager - Early Years and Education