Level 3 Special Educational Needs Coordiinator (SENco) at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 3 Special Educational Needs Coordiinator (SENco)|
|Subject Area||Early Years|
The Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) qualification is for a level 3 practitioner within private, voluntary and independent settings (PVI’s), childminders and school nurseries. All education providers are required to have arrangements in place to identify and support children & young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and to promote equality of opportunity for children in their care. The qualification is designed for those already working in a SENCo role as part of their job role, or those who are about to take over this role.
2.5 hours per week, 10 weeks
This qualification aims to:
- explore the role and responsibilities of the Special Educational Needs Coordinator
- understand the strategies and techniques for supporting children and their families
- increase knowledge of SEND codes of practice.
Progress to further and higher education
- Level 2 english
- DBS check
- Must have letter from setting confirming you are already working as a Level 3 SENco or taking over the role.
Learners will produce a portfolio of evidence including written assisgnments and evidence of work based practice. It will be assessed by yout Tutor/Assessor using a range of methods.
For ages 16-18
- Level 1 NCFE CACHE Award in Preparing to Work in Schools
- T-Levels Education and Childcare
- Level 2 NCFE Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Level 1 Diploma in Health, Social Care, Children and Young People Settings
- Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care
For ages 19+
- Level 1 CACHE Diploma in Caring for Children
- Level 4 Cache Certificate in Working with Parents
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner
- Level 3 NCFE CACHE Award in Preparing to Work in Home-based Childcare
- Level 3 CACHE Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Level 2 NCFE Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner PT
- Level 2 CACHE Cert in Supporting Teaching & Learning
- Level 2 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training