Level 3 Certificate Supporting Teaching & Learning at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 3 Certificate Supporting Teaching & Learning|
|Subject Area||Early Years|
This is a course which covers the practical skills and knowlege and understanding of the following:
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Schools as organisations
- Support learning activities
- Promote children and young people's positive behaviour
- Develop professional relationships with children and young people and adults.
- Support assessement for learning
- Engage in personal development
- Support children and young people's health and safety
- Understand children and young person's development
- Understand how to safeguard the well being of children and young people.
This qualification will help learners to develop their knowledge and skills for supporting teaching and learning in schools.
Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator).
Successful achievers of Level 2 Supporting Teaching & Learning or experienced Staff. Working or volunteering in a primary school as a teaching assistant for at least 6 months before starting the course. Placement/employment should be assisting pupils in the classroom from Year 1 or above for at least 12 hours per week. You need a letter from your school confirming your role as a Teaching Assistant.
- Level 2 or above in Literacy (please bring your certificates with you at the time of the interview).
- Complete an initial assessment in English and a short piece of writing at the interview session to assess suitability for the course.
- Must have a placement with year 1 or 12 hours a week for duration of course.
The course will be taught over 32 weeks and will be assessed using assignments and work-based practice including observations.
For ages 16-18
- Level 1 Diploma in Health, Social Care, Children and Young People Settings
- Level 1 NCFE CACHE Award in Preparing to Work in Schools
- Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care
- Level 2 NCFE Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- T-Levels Education and Childcare
For ages 19+
- Entry 3 Certificate in Caring for A Child/Children
- Level 4 Cache Certificate in Working with Parents
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Level 1 CACHE Diploma in Caring for Children
- Level 2 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Level 3 Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENco)
- Level 3 CACHE Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Level 2 CACHE Cert in Supporting Teaching & Learning
- Level 2 NCFE Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner PT
Caroline RyderCurriculum Manager - Early Years and Education