Level 1 NCFE Award in Preparing to Work in Schools at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 1 NCFE Award in Preparing to Work in Schools|
|Subject Area||Early Years|
Learners complete 3 mandatory units to create a portfolio of evidence.
The objective of this qualification is to prepare learners for further learning and training, whilst developing an understanding of the teaching and learning environment in a school setting, how to support the well-being of a child or young person and child, and young person development.
The qualification is aimed at a range of learners, including young people, mature learners, learners with special educational needs or where English is an additional language, learners who are thinking of working in a school setting. The course would be suitable for learners on ESOL courses that are considering a career as a teaching assistant.
Topics covered include: Understand schools as organisations: Understand how to keep children and young people healthy, safe and well: Understand how to communicate with children, young people and adults.
The qualification will be graded Achieved or Not Yet Achieved and all the assessment criteria must be achieved in order to obtain the Award.
Learners can progress onto the Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges or the Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
Learners will be assessed in Math and English.
All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods which could include: written assignments or tasks* such as designing a leaflet or booklet,charts or diagrams,or setting up an information board.
There are no specific resource requirements for this qualification. Learners do not need to be working or undertaking practical placements to take this qualification.
For ages 16-18
- Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care
- Level 2 NCFE Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Level 1 Diploma in Health, Social Care, Children and Young People Settings
- T-Levels Education and Childcare
For ages 19+
- Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner
- Level 1 NCFE Diploma in Caring for Children
- Level 2 NCFE Cert in Supporting Teaching & Learning
- Level 3 Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENco)
- Level 2 NCFE Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner PT
- Entry 3 Certificate in Caring for A Child/Children
- Level 3 Certificate Supporting Teaching & Learning
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Level 4 NCFE Certificate in Working with Parents
- Level 3 NCFE Diploma for the Early Years Workforce