Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training|
|Subject Area||Early Years|
The Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training is a first stage teaching qualification, which has a teaching/training practice requirement.
It is an ‘in service’ qualification designed for those working or wishing to work as teachers/trainers in England. It may be possible for pre-service teachers/trainers (defined as those who are not formally contracted as teachers/trainers) to also complete this qualification. All candidates, whether pre-service or in-service must have access to 30 hours of teaching. This qualification is also suitable for those delivering education and training in any learning environment. Usually completed in two terms.
The qualification covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers/trainers in the further education and skills sector, such as:
6 City & Guilds Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (6502)
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Planning to meet the needs of learners in education and training
- Delivering education and training
- Assessing learners in education and training
- Using resources for education and training
For candidates who work or who want to work as teachers/trainers in the further education and skills sector. For candidates who have just started a teaching/training role. For teachers/trainers who are seeking career progression in their area of work, For candidates who work with learners on a one-to one basis For candidates who teach in industry
Candidates who successfully complete this qualification will have a fundamental understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer in relation to legislation, equality, diversity, inclusivity and meeting the needs of learners. They will be able to use initial and diagnostic assessments and plan and deliver inclusive teaching and learning. They will also be able to assess learning and use appropriate resources to support effective learning.
The qualification allows candidates to progress into employment as teachers/trainers, as well as to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
Working as a teacher or trainer in post-16 education.
Candidates should be qualified/ experienced in the subject they intend to teach, have access to 30 teaching practice hours and possess reasonable levels of language, literacy and numeracy. All trainee teachers joining this qualification programme should undertake an initial assessment of skills in English, mathematics and ICT. Candidates should have completed Level 3 Award in Education and Training, or this will be covered in this qualification as a part of a nested qualification. Maths and English at Level 2 is a requirement of fully trained teaching status.
The qualification will be assessed by a combination of assignments and observation of teaching or training.
There are no specific resource requirements for this qualification.
For ages 16-18
- Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care
- Level 2 NCFE Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- T-Levels Education and Childcare
- Level 1 Diploma in Health, Social Care, Children and Young People Settings
- Level 1 NCFE CACHE Award in Preparing to Work in Schools
For ages 19+
- Level 4 Cache Certificate in Working with Parents
- Level 2 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Level 2 CACHE Cert in Supporting Teaching & Learning
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Level 2 NCFE Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner PT
- Level 3 Certificate Supporting Teaching & Learning
- Level 3 NCFE CACHE Award in Preparing to Work in Home-based Childcare
- Level 1 CACHE Diploma in Caring for Children
- Level 3 Special Educational Needs Coordiinator (SENco)
- Entry 3 Certificate in Caring for A Child/Children