Level 3 Award in Education and Training at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 3 Award in Education and Training|
|Subject Area||Early Years|
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is a knowledge-based introduction to teaching and/or training which has no teaching/training in the life long learning sector post 16 practice requirement. Therefore it may be undertaken by candidates who are not in a teaching role. A short course usually completed in one term.
Candidates who successfully complete this qualification will have a fundamental understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer in relation to legislation, equality, diversity, inclusivity and meeting the needs of learners. They will be able to sequence learning, plan and deliver sessions, using appropriate resources and teaching methods. They will also be able to identify the characteristics of effective assessment and feedback.
For candidates who work, or want to work as teachers/trainers in the further education and skills sector For candidates who are not in a teaching/training role, or who have just started a teaching/training role For candidates who want a short qualification to enable them to make career choices.
The qualification covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers/trainers in the further education and training skills sector;
- the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- inclusive teaching and learning approaches
- assessment of learners
- facilitating learning and development for individuals
- facilitating learning and development in groups
- understanding principles and practices of assessment
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is not a teaching qualification - it is an introduction to teaching that will give an insight into the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training, how to plan and deliver inclusive teaching/training sessions and how to assess and give constructive and developmental feedback.
The qualification allows candidates to progress into employment as teachers/trainers, as well as to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
Working as a teacher or trainer in post-16 education.
Candidates are required to have evidence of level 3 vocational skills for the area in which they will teach/train if they are to progress into teaching in the further education and skills sector. Maths and English at Level 2 is a requirement of fully trained teaching status.
The qualification will be assessed by a combination of assignments and observation of teaching or training. Simulation of teaching (micro-teaching) will be assessed.
There are no specific resource requirements for this qualification.
For ages 16-18
- Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care
- Level 2 NCFE Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- T-Levels Education and Childcare
- Level 1 NCFE CACHE Award in Preparing to Work in Schools
- Level 1 Diploma in Health, Social Care, Children and Young People Settings
For ages 19+
- Level 3 NCFE CACHE Award in Preparing to Work in Home-based Childcare
- Level 3 Certificate Supporting Teaching & Learning
- Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner
- Level 2 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Level 4 Cache Certificate in Working with Parents
- Level 3 Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENco)
- Level 2 CACHE Cert in Supporting Teaching & Learning
- Entry 3 Certificate in Caring for A Child/Children
- Level 1 CACHE Diploma in Caring for Children
- Level 3 CACHE Diploma for the Early Years Workforce