Entry 3 Certificate in Caring for A Child/Children at Stanmore College
These qualifications are made up of units each representing a small step of learning. Units taught will develop skills for reading and writing alongside developing an understanding of introduction to childcare.
This qualification develops the basic skills needed to care for a baby or young child. There is a choice of units - from setting a routine through to healthy lifestyles and the importance of play and learning.
They are part of Foundation Learning (FL) and allow learners to discover and develop skills in caring for a child/children. The course is made up of an Award and a Certificate at Entry level. To complete the Award learners much achieve a minimum of 9 credits. To complete the Certificate learners must achieve a minimum of 18 credits.
This qualification provides learners with Entry Level Certificate in Caring for A Child/Children (Entry 3) and opportunities to progress to level 1 in Childcare.
The Level 1 in Caring for Children qualifications or the Level 1 Personal and Social Development qualifications, as they share some units with this qualification. Credits achieved from these units can be transferred over and counted towards the next qualification.
Learners should have or be working towards Entry Level 3 ESOL or equivalent. You do not need to be working in childcare to complete this qualification.
Entry 3 Certificate in Caring for A Child/Children
There are no specific resource requirements for this qualification.
For ages 16-18
- Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Early years Education & Care
- Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care
- Level 1 Diploma in Health, Social Care, Children and Young People Settings
For ages 19+
- Level 2 CACHE Cert in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools
- Level 2 CACHE Cert in an Introduction to Early Years Education & Care
- Level 3 SENCo Special Education Needs Coordinator
- Level 3 Supporting Teaching & Learning
- Level 4 Cache Certificate in Working with Parents
- Level 1 CACHE Award in Caring for Children
- Level 2 Award in Supporting Individuals with Additional Needs
- Level 3 CACHE Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner
Caroline RyderCurriculum Manager - Early Years and Education
Doing this course could lead to great job outcomes such as:
Data powered by LMI for All