Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Early years Education & Care at Stanmore College
What is the course about?
The aim of this qualification is to prepare learners to work with children between birth and five years, with knowledge of children up to seven years. Learners could also progress on to the CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care (Early Years Educator) (VRQ).
This qualification will take one year to complete.
To gain understanding and knowledge of how children develop and learn.
To plan a variety of activities for the age and needs of the children.
To promote communication with children, staff, parents and professionals.
This qualification allows progression on to the CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care or the CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce.
4 GCSE's at grade D or above, including English and maths or an equivalent qualification. You will be required to complete English and maths at GCSE level alongside the course.
Examination Board: CACHE
All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods. This could include direct observation within the workplace, which will be in Harrow, Stanmore or the surrounding area, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments or a task set by CACHE.
Some learning outcomes within this qualification will require assessment in a real work environment.
250 placement hours are recommended for this qualification.
Placement T-Shirt £10.50.
Police check (DSB) - this will be paid by the college.
For ages 16-18
- Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care
- Entry 3 Certificate in Caring for A Child/Children
- Level 1 Diploma in Health, Social Care, Children and Young People Settings
For ages 19+
- Level 2 CACHE Cert in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools
- Level 2 Award in Supporting Individuals with Additional Needs
- Level 3 CACHE Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Level 3 Supporting Teaching & Learning
- Level 4 Cache Certificate in Working with Parents
- Level 1 CACHE Award in Caring for Children
- Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner
- Level 3 SENCo Special Education Needs Coordinator
- Level 2 CACHE Cert in an Introduction to Early Years Education & Care
Caroline RyderCurriculum Manager - Early Years and Education
Doing this course could lead to great job outcomes such as:
Data powered by LMI for All