Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care at Stanmore College
The CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care (Early Years Educator) prepares learners to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
Upon achievement of this qualification it is intended that learners will be able to access higher education or enter the workforce as Early Years Educators. This qualification confers the licence to practise as an Early Years Educator.
420 UCAS points equivalent to 3A* 15 units, 750 hours in placement
This qualification will take 2 years to complete.
To gain understanding and knowledge of how children develop and learn To plan a variety of activities for the age and needs of children To promote communication with children, staff, parents and professionals Employment Further Education Hospital Play Specialst course Higher Education (Degree courses eg. Primary Teacher Training, Paediatric Nursing, Psychology, Sociology, Early Childhood Studies)
Upon achievement of this qualification learners will gain their licence to practise and it is intended that learners will be able to enter the workforce as Early Years Educators or progress to the CACHE Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services (England) (QCF) or a Foundation Degree.
Learners can progress into various job roles in the statutory, voluntary or private sectors such as:
- Practitioner in day nurseries
- Practitioner in nursery schools
- Practitioner in reception classes in primary schools
- Pre-school worker
4 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and maths. Alternatively, CACHE Level 2 Certificate in an Introduction to Early Years Education and Care with level 2 certificate in literacy.
To gain this qualification the learner will need to:
- Pass all units
- Complete longitudinal study
- Complete 2 externally set and marked assessments.
You will need to have access to a real work environment, as you need to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
Placement T-shirt £10.50 Police Check (DBS) - this will be paid for by the College.
For ages 16-18
- Entry 3 Certificate in Caring for A Child/Children
- Level 1 Diploma in Health, Social Care, Children and Young People Settings
- Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Early years Education & Care
For ages 19+
- Level 3 SENCo Special Education Needs Coordinator
- Level 2 CACHE Cert in an Introduction to Early Years Education & Care
- Level 2 Award in Supporting Individuals with Additional Needs
- Level 4 Cache Certificate in Working with Parents
- Level 2 CACHE Cert in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools
- Level 3 CACHE Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Level 1 CACHE Award in Caring for Children
- Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner
- Level 3 Supporting Teaching & Learning
Caroline RyderCurriculum Manager - Early Years and Education
Doing this course could lead to great job outcomes such as:
Data powered by LMI for All