Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care|
|Subject Area||Early Years|
The CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care (Early Years Educator) prepares learners to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
Upon achievement of this qualification it is intended that learners will be able to access higher education or enter the workforce as Early Years Educators. This qualification confers the licence to practise as an Early Years Educator.
168 UCAS points equivalent to 3A* 15 units, 750 hours in placement
This qualification will take 2 years to complete.
To gain understanding and knowledge of how children develop and learn To plan a variety of activities for the age and needs of children To promote communication with children, staff, parents and professionals Employment Further Education Hospital Play Specialst course Higher Education (Degree courses eg. Primary Teacher Training, Paediatric Nursing, Psychology, Sociology, Early Childhood Studies)
Upon achievement of this qualification learners will gain their licence to practise and it is intended that learners will be able to enter the workforce as Early Years Educators or progress to the CACHE Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services (England) (QCF) or a Foundation Degree.
Learners can progress into various job roles in the statutory, voluntary or private sectors such as:
- Practitioner in day nurseries
- Practitioner in nursery schools
- Practitioner in reception classes in primary schools
- Pre-school worker
4 GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English and maths. Alternatively, CACHE Level 2 in a diploma for early years practitioner.
To gain this qualification the learner will need to:
- Pass all units
- Complete 750 hours of work placement
- Be assessed in the workplace
- Complete 2 externally set and controlled assessments
You will need to have access to a real work environment, as you need to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
Placement T-shirt £10.50 Police Check (DBS) - this will be paid for by the College.
For ages 16-18
- Level 1 Diploma in Health, Social Care, Children and Young People Settings
- Level 2 NCFE Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- T-Levels Education and Childcare
- Level 1 NCFE CACHE Award in Preparing to Work in Schools
For ages 19+
- Level 1 CACHE Diploma in Caring for Children
- Level 3 NCFE CACHE Award in Preparing to Work in Home-based Childcare
- Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Level 3 CACHE Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Level 4 Cache Certificate in Working with Parents
- Level 2 CACHE Cert in Supporting Teaching & Learning
- Level 2 NCFE Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner PT
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Level 3 Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENco)
Caroline RyderCurriculum Manager - Early Years and Education
Doing this course could lead to great job outcomes such as:
Data powered by LMI for All