Level 3 Children & Young People's Workforce: Early Years Educator at Stanmore College
Apprenticeships are work-based learning programmes which allow learners to gain nationally recognised qualifications whilst developing new skills in the workplace. An Apprenticeship contains two elements – qualifications and work-based learning. The qualifications element requires the learner to study a skills-based qualification, an employment awareness qualification or training and Transferrable Skills. The qualifications element runs simultaneously with on-the-job training in the workplace, which must be for a minimum of 30 hours per week* and subject to a minimum wage. The qualifications and training are delivered over a minimum of 12 months, with the learner receiving individual qualification certificates and a full Apprenticeship certificate upon completion of the Apprenticeship.
This framework develops knowledge and skills relating to the Early Years Educator (i.e. those working with children from birth to 5 years, and gaining knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years, within a setting which provides care and education for children across this age range. This Apprenticeship pathway is suitable for those looking to join the Early Years Workforce and also those already working in the sector. This Apprenticeship pathway supports the development of a highly qualified, well skilled workforce within the Early Years sector, and ensures that children and young people accessing services in England gain the best possible care and support.
With hard work and dedication, you’ll receive a nationally recognised qualification once you’ve completed your training. This will help you kick-start a bright future working with children and set you up for a long and rewarding career! NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
The Level 3 qualification contains a number of units that are shared across related workforces, i.e. children's services, schools and support services. This supports the development of transferrable knowledge and skills and helps to develop a more flexible workforce.
Children and Young People's Workforce (generic, for those working under supervision)
Total minimum credit value for this pathway: 53 credits
· Combined knowledge and competence qualification - 35 credits
- Promote communication in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Understand child and young person development
- Promote child and young person development
- Understand how to safeguard the well-being of children and young people
- Support children and young people's health and safety
- Develop positive relationships with children, young people and others involved in their care
- Working together for the benefit of children and young people
- Understand how to support positive outcomes for children and young people
- Assessment and planning with children and young people
- Promote the well-being and resilience of children and young people
- Professional practice in children and young people's social care
· ERR - 3 credits
· Maths (transferable skill) - 5 credits
· English (transferable skill) - 5 credits
· ICT (transferable skill) - 5 credits
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
· NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings (ERR) · Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) · Level 2 English · Level 2 Mathematics · Functional Skills in ICT at Level 2.
Early Years Educator in day nurseries
- Practitioner in nursery schools
- Practitioner in reception classes in primary schools
- Pre-school worker. Learners can progress to Foundation Degrees.
Learners can also progress to the following job roles:
Social Care Pathway: · Education support workers who visit families of pre-school children in their homes · Foster carers · Children and families support workers · Children and family court advisory and support service advisers
Progression to further study for youth work Professional assistant in social care · Family centre workers · Community care officer in social care. Learning and Development Support Services Pathway: · Learning mentors.
Learners should be at least 16 years old and in, or about to commence, employment in a new or changed job role for a minimum of 30 hours per week. Where an employer cannot offer 30 hours per week of employment due to working practices, the duration of the Apprenticeship must be increased relative to the reduction in hours. Where an employer cannot offer at least 16 hours per week of employment, an Apprenticeship is not allowed.
For those learners who have no previous experience of working with children and young people, it is recommended that 400 hours be spent in a Real Work Environment.
· Functional skills entry level 1 in maths and English · A desire and commitment to work in childcare
The qualification will be pass or refer and all the assessment criteria for the chosen units must be achieved in order to obtain a pass.
All units must be internally assessed using a range of methods including: · Direct observation within the workplace · Portfolio of evidence · Written assignments or a task
Exams for functional skills in English, maths and ICT
Completion of End point Assessment
There are no specific resource requirements for this qualification apart from a clean Data Barring System (DBS).
- Adult Care Worker Level 2
- Business Administrator Apprenticeship Level 3
- Customer Services Practitioner Apprenticeship Level 2
- Intermediate Apprenticeship for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Healthcare Assistant Practitioner Level 5
- Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3
- Team Leader/Supervisor Apprenticeship Level 3
- AAT Apprenticeship in Accounting L3
- Digital Marketer Apprenticeship Level 3
Barbara StoneBusiness Development Manager