Healthcare Assistant Practitioner Level 5 at Stanmore College
Assistant Practitioners work as part of the wider health and social care team and have direct contact with patients, service users or clients providing them with high-quality and compassionate care. They work in a range of areas such as cancer services, physiotherapy, genito-urinary medicine, orthopaedics, palliative care, mental health, integrated care, community, occupational therapy, learning disabilities as well as hybrid roles that cross traditional occupational areas.
The course covers the following main areas:
- the principles and philosophy of health and social care
- the physiology, organisation and function of the human body
- lifespan developments and healthcare needs from prenatal to end of life/bereavement
- research and development in the health and social care sector to inform and improve quality of care
- provision and promotion of holistic person centred care and support, duty of care and safeguarding of individuals
- the importance of the strategic environment in health and social care and the implications for the individual
- the importance of current evidence based practice within scope of the role
This apprenticeship will include on and off training. A mixture of college workshops and on the job training.
Apprentices who wish to progress into Registered Practice, the apprenticeship can provide credits into some Higher Education programmes aligned to professional registration.
GCSEs English and Maths at grade A-C (7-4) or equivalent
The end-point assessment must demonstrate that the apprentice can perform in the occupation in a fully competent, holistic and productive way.
- Synoptic knowledge test
- Synoptic skills test
- Customer Services Practitioner Apprenticeship Level 2
- Digital Marketer Apprenticeship Level 3
- Business Administrator Apprenticeship Level 3
- AAT Apprenticeship in Accounting L3
- Level 3 Children & Young People's Workforce: Early Years Educator
- Adult Care Worker Level 2
- Intermediate Apprenticeship for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Team Leader/Supervisor Apprenticeship Level 3
- Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3
Barbara StoneBusiness Development Manager
Doing this course could lead to great job outcomes such as:
Data powered by LMI for All