Level 5 Healthcare Assistant Practitioner Apprenticeship at Stanmore College
This Apprenticeship aims to prepare staff to undertake the role of an assistant practitioner. In that role you will work as part of the wider health and social care team and have direct contact with patients, service users or clients providing high quality and compassionate care. Assistant practitioners work at a level above that of healthcare support workers and have a more in-depth understanding about factors that influence health and ill-health (e.g. anatomy and physiology).
This Apprenticeship gives you the opportunity to:
- Develop practical ability in the skills laboratory and through work-based learning.
- Assess, plan and implement care delivery and make sound judgements about the effectiveness of the delivery.
- Evaluate and apply research findings.
- Gain personal and transferable skills including assessing & planning, problem solving & decision making, health promotion, interdisciplinary working, interpersonal skills and reflective practice.
Typically this apprenticeship will take 24 months to complete.
During this apprenticeship you will study a range of topics, including:
- The principles and philosophy of health and social care.
- Physiology, organisation and function of the human body.
- Lifespan developments and health care needs from prenatal to end of life.
- Research and development in the health and social care sector to inform and improve quality of care.
- Personal development team working communication.
- Person centred care and wellbeing.
You will gain the following qualifications: The Care Certificate Assistant Practitioners in Healthcare Level 5 Diploma
Further study: For those Assistant Practitioners who wish to progress into Registered Practice, the apprenticeship can provide credits into some Higher Education programmes aligned to professional registration.
Level 3 qualification. Learners must be currently working under the supervision of a Registered Practitioner, which may include registered nurses, registered social workers AHP practitioners and medical, health care science and dental practitioners.
You must have also undertaken the Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service process and provide evidence of this.
Please note, employers sometimes stipulate their own entry requirements which would be detailed against their specific vacancy.
English and Maths GCSE grades A-C or 9-4.
To gain the full qualification you must have:
- Achieved Level 2 English and maths – (equivalent to GCSE grade C or above).
- Demonstrated that you have met the standards of the Care Certificate during the first part of your apprenticeship.
- Achieved the Level 5 Diploma for Assistant Practitioners in Healthcare.
An End Point Assessment (EPA) will then be carried out at the end of the apprenticeship programme by an identified external organisation.
The EPA will consist of:
- multiple choice and short answer test
- an observation of practice carried out in the work place
- a reflective journal
- an interview
No specific equipment required.
For ages 16+
For ages 16-18
- Level 3 IT Infrastructure Apprenticeship
- Level 5 Children, Young People and Families Manager Apprenticeship
- Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist Apprenticeship
- Level 4 Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship
- Level 4 Children, Young People and Families Practitioner Apprenticeship
- Level 4 Professional Accounting/Taxation Technician Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker
- Level 3 Children & Young People's Workforce: Early Years Educator
For ages 19+
- Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Customer Services Practitioner Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship
- Intermediate Apprenticeship for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship
- Level 5 Healthcare Assistant Practitioner