Level 4 Children, Young People and Families Practitioner Apprenticeship at Stanmore College
This Apprenticeship is ideal for your employees who are experienced Practitioners in Children's Residential Care and who have a passion for working with children, young people and families to support their health, education and day-to-day needs. This could be in a range of settings including children’s homes, residential special schools or with children that live on their own or in a larger group. They may also be experienced in working alongside other professionals and organisations to share the responsibility for improving outcomes and helping children reach their full potential.
Typically this apprenticeship will take 24 months to complete.
This Apprenticeship will develop knowledge, skills and behaviours in the following areas: Knowledge
- Communication - Legislation & compliance requirements for residential care - Aspirations for a child in residential care - Group living & group dynamics - Equality, rights, diversity & cultural differences - Legislation & the Code of Practice for Special Educational Needs & Disability - Potential safeguarding risk factors - Theories & guidelines - Systems & policy frameworks - Team dynamics & collaboration.
- Assumes the role of professional parent - Contribution to creating & reviewing placement plans - Ability to support traumatised children & young people - Develop & promote ethos of the home - Collaborative teamwork - Support & challenge each other. Behaviours
- Care - Respect, value & keep individuals safe - Compassion - Consideration & concern for children, young people & their families - Communication - Building relationships, being perceptive, empathic & building good rapport - Courage - Honesty & positive belief in helping children, young people & families - Competence - Build relationships to effect change using ethics & values from social care & developed through reflective practice - Commitment - Creating sustainable change in others & being authentic, consistent, patient, persistent & resilient.
Level 4 Diploma in Children, Young People and Families Practitioner.
Upon completion, learners can progress onto the Level 5 Leadership and Management in Residential Childcare.
Level 3 qualification. Before taking their end-point assessment, your employees must have achieved the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare.
English and Maths GCSE grades A-C or 9-4.
During your apprenticeship your learning will be assessed in variety of ways, including:
- regular, on-programme assessments of your knowledge, skills and behaviours, involving the employer and the College
- the development of a portfolio, which demonstrates your learning and development activities, as well how you've applied them in the workplace
No specific equipment required.
For ages 16+
For ages 16-18
- Level 5 Healthcare Assistant Practitioner Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Children & Young People's Workforce: Early Years Educator
- Level 4 Professional Accounting/Taxation Technician Apprenticeship
- Level 5 Children, Young People and Families Manager Apprenticeship
- Level 4 Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship
- Level 3 IT Infrastructure Apprenticeship
- Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker
For ages 19+
- Level 5 Healthcare Assistant Practitioner
- Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship
- Intermediate Apprenticeship for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Customer Services Practitioner Apprenticeship