Level 2 Adult Care Worker at Stanmore College
Adult Care Workers are the frontline staff who help adults with care and support needs to achieve their personal goals and live as independently and safely as possible, enabling them to have control and choice in their lives.
The course covers the following main areas:
- adult care practices, principles and standards - including care planning, duty of care, professional boundaries and individual dignity and respect
- supporting individual physical and mental well-being to help people live as independently as possible - including individual control and choice and person centred care
- safeguarding - including addressing personal rights and safety, dealing with abuse, comments and complaints and whistleblowing
- communication skills - including active listening, showing empathy and verbal, non-verbal and written communication
- health and safety practices and standards within a care environment - including dealing with accidents, fire safety, hazardous substances and infection control
This apprenticeship will include on and off training. A mixture of college workshops and on the job training.
This apprenticeship provides an ideal entry into the occupation and supports within the sector.
GCSEs English and Maths grades A*-C (9-4)
For ages 16+
For ages 16-18
For ages 19+
- Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Customer Services Practitioner Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship
- Intermediate Apprenticeship for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 5 Healthcare Assistant Practitioner
Barbara StoneBusiness Development Manager
Doing this course could lead to great job outcomes such as:
Data powered by LMI for All