Level 3 AAT Apprenticeship in Accounting at Stanmore College
The AAT Accounting qualification is an internationally recognised professional accounting qualification based on practical, real life knowledge that can be put to use from day one. The qualification will be taught over an 18 month period. During term time, there will be approximately 6 hours of study per week, including evening that allows you to balance study with full/part-time employment. The course structure offers a combination of lectures, seminars, tutorial and independent study, delivered face-to-face and complimented with online learning. Days and times of all of the sessions will be available well in advance when you enrol for the course. The course is designed to be as practical as possible, and is taught, predominately, through examining real-life scenarios and case studies, drawing on students’ own experiences. You will be assessed at the workplace too.
The course covers the following main areas:
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Management Accounting Costing
- Indirect Tax
- Ethics for Accountants
- Spreadsheets for Accounting
Students will develop skills including mastery of complex financial processes, such as final accounts, reports and returns, spreadsheet use for accountants, VAT returns and professional ethics.
This Level 3 Apprenticeship qualification provides opportunities to progress to the Level 4 AAT qualification or Level 4 AAT Higher Apprenticeship programme. Employment opportunities: Completion of Level 3 can assist someone with internal progression if they currently work in accountancy or other financial services firms, as well as enabling you to enter employment as a Level 3 qualified AAT Technician.
5 GCSE grades with at least a grade C/4 in maths and English. Preferably, you will have completed AAT Foundation Certificate L2. It is essential that you are employed in an accounts environment role.
You will be assessed through formal online tests which are set by AAT at the centre. Apprenticeship is assessed through exams, portfolio and EPQ.
There are no specific resource requirements for this qualification.
For ages 16+
For ages 16-18
- Level 4 Children, Young People and Families Practitioner Apprenticeship
- Level 3 IT Infrastructure Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker
- Level 5 Children, Young People and Families Manager Apprenticeship
- Level 4 Professional Accounting/Taxation Technician Apprenticeship
- Level 5 Healthcare Assistant Practitioner Apprenticeship
- Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Children & Young People's Workforce: Early Years Educator
For ages 19+
- Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Customer Services Practitioner Apprenticeship
- Intermediate Apprenticeship for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 4 Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship
- Level 5 Healthcare Assistant Practitioner
- Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship
Barbara StoneBusiness Development Manager
Doing this course could lead to great job outcomes such as:
Data powered by LMI for All