Access to HE Nursing L3 at Stanmore College
A one year course designed to equip over 19s with the skills, confidence and academic qualification to enable them to progress to university course to study Nursing. As a learner on this qualification you will be offered a coherent, integrated and supported year of study through which you will gain the knowledge, awareness, skills and confidence necessary for successful undergraduate study.
This is an academic course and our aim is to equip students with the study skills needed to succeed to Higher Education.
There is a choice of two courses:
The day course is Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays - 9.15am - 2.45pm* The evening course is Mondays 2pm-6pm, Tuesdays and Wednesdays 5pm - 9pm*
- Please be aware that these dates and times may be subject to change
- Gain the Access certificate in Nursing (equivalent to 3 A levels A-C) allowing HE progression
- Gaining the fundamentals in nursing studies, including biology, psychology and maths
- Ability to use research skills and undertake independent study/take notes/plan and write essays/deliver presentations
Completion of the course will lead to students progressing to university to undertake a foundation degree or a degree in science and science-related areas.
Who the course is aimed at:
This course is aimed at adults (over 19s) who have not had an opportunity to complete a level 3 qualification (A levels, BTEC); those whose qualifications are not recognised in the UK, adults whose children are now in full time education and are looking for a career change.
Midwifery and other Nursing degree courses leading to a career as a nurse in any of the specialist areas: Adult Nursing, Learning Disability Nursing, Mental Health Nursing, Paediatric Nursing
- Must have GCSE English and maths at grade C or above or Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths - evidence will be required to be able to enrol
- Clean DBS (CRB) will be needed to enter all health related courses
- Subject to Status
- Resident in the UK
- Complete initial assessments in English and maths and a short piece of writing at the interview session to assess suitability for the course
- Sit a short interview
Assessment consists of:
- Formal written examinations
- Oral presentations
- Formal essays
- Written reports
At any one time you will be working on at least 3/4 different assignments all due at the same time.
Access to a computer, calculator, basic stationery, portfolio
- Access to HE Teacher Training L3
- Access to HE Pharmacy
- Cert in Skills for Professions in Applied Science & Tech L2
- Access to HE Creative & Digital Media
- Access to HE Health and Human Science - Level 3
- Access to HE Sports Science
- Access to HE Engineering
- Access to HE Diploma Business Studies
- Access to HE Computing L3
- Access to HE Health & Social Care
Beaulah BanfieldCurriculum Manager - Access & GCSE
Vik SeeborunHead of School - Science, IT, Eng, ACC & Maths
Doing this course could lead to great job outcomes such as:
Data powered by LMI for All