Level 3 Access to HE Engineering at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 3 Access to HE Engineering|
|Subject Area||Access Courses|
A one year course designed to equip over19s with the skills, confidence and academic qualification to enable them to progress to university.
You will be studying electronics, electrical circuits, mechanical principles and mathematics for engineers.
The course is 12 hours a week class contact time over 3 or 4 days. At least 20 hours per week self-directed study.
- To provide HE progression opportunities for adults who, because of social, educational or individual circumstances do not have the necessary qualifications;
- To give learners a general introduction to the basic concepts, methods and key areas of knowledge within the core disciplines taken and offer a coherent and stimulating framework within which they can broaden their intellectual outlook and make connections between subject areas;
- To help learners to develop and consolidate the various skills required to enable them to cope successfully with the demands of undergraduate study and to become independent, self-directed learners
- To establish a positive and supportive learning environment within which learners can build their confidence through successful learning and the sharing of their experience.
Completion of the course will lead to students progressing to university to undertake a foundation degree or a degree in engineering, computing or physics related areas.
• Capacitors and Capacitance • Electrical Circuit Theory • Calculus • Vectors and Matrices • Programming Fundamentals
To study an appropriate course at university:
• Mechanical Engineering; • Electrical Engineering • Electronic Engineering; or • Computer Engineering
GCSE English and maths grade C or above GCSE Double Science (or Physics) grade C or above
Complete initial assessments in English and maths and a short piece of writing at the interview session to assess suitability for the course.
Assessment consists of:
- Formal written examinations.
- Oral presentations.
- Formal essays.
- Written reports.
At any one time you will be working on at least 3/4 different assignments all due at the same time.
Access to a computer, scientific calculator, basic stationery, portfolio.
For ages 19+
- Level 1 Certificate in Skills for Professions in Applied Science and Tech
- Level 3 Access to HE Business Studies
- Level 2 Certificate in Skills for Professions in Applied Science and Tech
- Level 3 Access to HE Pharmacy
- Level 3 Access to HE Science
- Level 3 Access to HE Creative & Digital Media
- Level 3 Access to HE Paramedic Science
- Level 3 Access to HE Radiography
- Level 3 Access to HE Computing
- Level 3 Access to HE Teacher Training
Doing this course could lead to great job outcomes such as:
Data powered by LMI for All