Level 1 Certificate in Skills for Professions in Applied Science and Tech at Stanmore College
The OCNLR Level 1 Certificate for Professions in Applied Science and Technology provides the underpinning skills and knowledge required to progress to further study in applied science and technology and work in related sectors.
The qualification is for learners of all ages who wish to develop essential study skills along with vocational units providing a firm foundation for progression to Level 2 qualifications.
This course is ideal for ESOL students who would like to fast-track to a level 2 course, enabling them to go onto further studies or employment.
Upon completion of this qualification, learners will have the skills and knowledge to progress to the Certificate in Skills for Professions in Applied Science and Technology Level 2 and forms the first step in a progression route through to Access Level 3 and onto Higher Education. It is a pathway to degrees in Science or Nursing or to employment in entry level roles.
Entry 3 in English and maths. Students will study level 1 English and maths alongside the course. An interest in science is essential. Complete initial assessments in English and maths and a short piece of writing at the interview session to assess suitability for the course.
All assessments are internal and there are no external examinations. Learners will build a portfolio of assignments. These portfolios are verified by OCN. Students complete assignments for each unit and these can come in the following forms:
- Written essays
- Experiments and scientific reports
- Open book tests
Access to a computer, basic stationery, portfolio
For ages 19+
- Level 3 Access to HE Computing
- Level 3 Access to HE Health and Human Science
- Level 3 Access to HE Diploma Business Studies
- Level 3 Access to HE Pharmacy
- Level 3 Access to HE Sports Science
- Level 3 Access to HE Teacher Training
- Level 3 Access to HE Health & Social Care
- Level 3 Access to HE Nursing
- Level 3 Access to HE Engineering
- Level 2 Certificate in Skills for Professions in Applied Science and Tech
Beaulah BanfieldCurriculum Manager - Access & GCSE
Vik SeeborunHead of School - Science, IT, Eng, ACC & Maths